About this statement
EGL uses tracking technologies like cookies to tailor and improve your online experience on our websites. As a customer, we value your trust and want to make it easy to understand what cookies are, how we use them to improve your experience on our websites and your options to control them on your devices. Please read our Cookies Statement below to find out more. If you have any questions regarding the following content, we invite you to contact our Privacy Officer.
How does EGL collect electronic information?
Like most companies, we collect electronic information about you (which may or may not be personal information) using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our websites to personalise and improve your experience.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file downloaded onto your device when you interact with any online content such as websites, social media sites and apps. The content may be our own, or may be the content of others in which we have an interest, such as our digital banner advertisements.
The information that we collect through cookies may not identify, or relate, to a particular individual. Generally, the information collected through cookies relates to a device used to access online content, such as an IP address or location data about the device (where available and not disabled by the user) and metadata (a set of data that describes and gives information about other data). Cookies may also collect information about the behaviours of the user of the device, such as the websites visited by the user and their activity on the website.
In some circumstances, the information collected through cookies may be combined with information that identifies the end user of the relevant device. This may occur, for example, if you log into your account, or if you interact with certain content (such as a link) that we have sent to you in an email.
Why does EGL allow cookies to be used?
We allow cookies to be used for three reasons:
- First, we allow session cookies to be used when you visit our online content, including our websites. Session cookies enable your device to move from page to page without you having to log in repeatedly. The placement of this type of cookie generally improves your browsing experience. These cookies are removed when you close your browser and end your online session.
- Secondly, we set persistent (permanent) cookies on our website(s) to remember your preferences so that we can improve your website browsing experience. We also allow trusted third parties to set persistent cookies. Persistent cookies will be remembered when you visit the site again and are not removed when you close your browser. These cookies allow us to serve you with targeted advertising and measure the effectiveness of our site functionality and advertising.
- Thirdly, we use other tracking technologies (such as pixels, beacons and tags) to record your behaviour and activities when you visit our website(s) for the purpose of analytics and targeted online advertising. Collecting this information enables us to:
- assess marketing activities such as what promotions to send to you, when and how
- send you tailored advertising about products and services that may interest you. You may receive tailored advertising on the websites you visit in the form of banner advertising, or on the social media platforms you use
- measure the effectiveness of promotions.
We may for example, access information from cookies set by others such as Google, Adobe, Microsoft and social media platforms.
This information is collected directly by the providers of those features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers. Please see their privacy policies for further details, including how you can opt out of specific offerings.
Types of cookies used by EGL
We have listed the main types of cookies used by EGL below.
To disable these cookies, please go to the section “What are my choices about cookies?”.
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are needed to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of their features, such as access to secure areas, maintain your security and privacy against potential risks and fraud activities to enable us to tailor our menu to your location. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the websites to you, the websites might become inaccessible if you block those cookies.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies enhance the performance and functionality of our websites. While not essential, certain functionality like videos and product recommendations may become unavailable without them.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
What are my choices about cookies?
You can control which sites and devices allow cookies to be used.
- You can change the settings on the software your device uses to access the internet (e.g. your browser settings). For example, depending on which browser your device uses, you may be able to disable certain third party cookies. If you do disable these cookies, you may find that the websites you intend to visit are not accessible or have only limited functionality.
- You can also control the extent to which you receive tailored advertising facilitated by cookies by changing your settings on the websites on which you receive tailored advertising. For example, you can disable tailored advertising on social media sites like Facebook by changing the settings on your account.
Please note that it may be necessary for you to opt out separately from each device and browser that you use to access online content.
Opting out of cookies may not necessarily remove all advertising from pages you visit. Rather, it may mean that the ads you see may not reflect your interests.
There is a lot of information available about how cookies work and how to change your browser’s cookie preferences. This includes information at the following links:
- Stay smart online – all about cookies and your privacy;
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s fact sheet on targeted advertising.
SOCIAL MEDIA CATP CARD GAME PROMOTION
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter an advertised promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each entrant. Entry is via Internet only.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older.
- The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The promoter is Pinnacle Drinks, 1300 721 920, Level 1, 26 Waterloo Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
- All advertised promotions commence at 12:01am (NSW local time) and close at 11:59pm (NSW local time). The finish date (07/12/2023) and judging dates and times for each promotion will be as advertised on the following:
- @catamongstthepigeonswine on Instagram (located at https://www.instagram.com/catamongstthepigeonswine/);
- @catamongstthepigeonswine on Facebook (located at https://facebook.com/catamongstthepigeonswine); and
- To enter an advertised promotion, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period for that promotion, fully and correctly complete and successfully submit their valid entry in the manner advertised. Eligible entrants must provide all mandatory information required by the promotional website to complete their entry into the advertised promotion (if applicable). Such information may include, but is not limited to, the entrant’s Facebook or Instagram handle, full name, residential address, contact telephone number and current and valid email address. Entrants must ensure that their Instagram/Facebook account used to enter the advertised promotion is set to ‘public’ prior to posting (if applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, if an entrant fails to successfully submit their entry in the manner required before the conclusion of the Promotional Period for that promotion, the entry will not be judged as part of the advertised promotion.
- Eligible entrants may enter on only one (1) occasion for each advertised promotion, unless otherwise advertised. Any subsequent entry after the first valid entry received from an eligible entrant will be deemed invalid. Where multiple entries are permitted, each entry must be substantially unique, must be submitted separately and must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry.
- Costs associated with accessing the platform and promotional page remain an entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the internet service provider used.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures of the promotional page. It is an entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter of any technical malfunction or failure of the promotional page and the Promoter will endeavour to remedy the technical malfunction or failure of the promotional page in a timely manner.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and/or Promotional Partner and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter and Promotional Partner during the Promotional Period for the applicable advertised promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, unsuccessful or misdirected entries. Any incorrect information entered by an entrant via the promotional page will deem an entry invalid.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Instagram and/or Facebook membership, applications and use of Instagram and/or Facebook generally is subject to its prevailing terms and conditions of use at instagram.com/legal/terms/# or www.facebook.com/policies (as applicable). The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram and/or Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and/or the Promotional Partner and not to Instagram and/or Facebook. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for any content or information they transmit to other internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Instagram and/or Facebook and their associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about the promotion must be directed to the Promoter and the Promotional Partner and not to Instagram and/or Facebook.
- Entrants acknowledge that their personal promotion and that their entry and their name and/or username may be featured on the promotional page, on the Promoter’s Facebook and/or Instagram pages and generally on https://www.instagram.com/catamongstthepigeonswine https://www.instagram.com/catamongstthepigeonswine/] for public viewing during the Promotional Period and in perpetuity (unless otherwise requested). Once an entry is submitted, entrants acknowledge that the entry may not be withdrawn, altered or deleted (except as and where required by the Promoter or the Promotional Partner).
- For each advertised promotion, the number of winners (as advertised for that relevant promotion) will be judged from all entries received during the Promotional Period for that promotion. Each eligible entry judged to be a winner will win one (1) prize pack containing the prize(s) as advertised for the given promotion. Prizes may include a combination of one (1) or more of the following prize types: personal electronics, beauty products, food and beverages and consumer goods and services. The prize pack value(s) for a given promotion will be as advertised. Tickets, gift cards and/or vouchers (if any) included in a prize pack are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use including expiration dates. All prize values advertised are the Recommended Retail Price including GST. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). A prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The total value of all prizes to be awarded in a single advertised promotion will not exceed $80.
- All eligible Entries received during the Promotional Period will be judged by a panel of appropriately qualified judges by 4:00pm (NSW local time) on the corresponding judging day at 351 Crown Street, Surry Hills, 2010, NSW to determine the winning entry(ies). All eligible entries will be judged on the basis of meeting the competition mechanic stated on the social giveaway post. The winners will be notified in writing (using the private messaging feature of the promotional platform) within two (2) days of the judging. All reasonable steps to notify the winners of the results of the judging will be taken by the Promoter or the Promotional Partner. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- Each winner must confirm their eligibility to be awarded a prize and their ability to accept a prize within a 1 Month timeframe of being successfully notified by the Promoter or the Promotional Partner, otherwise their prize will be forfeited and their entry will be deemed invalid. In the event that the Promoter or the Promotional Partner cannot successfully contact a winner within one (1) month of the judging, or in the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible winner, or if a winner is ineligible to accept or declines to accept the prize, the Promoter or the Promotional Partner may, in its sole discretion, award the prize to the next best judged entry. The Promoter or the Promotional Partner will continue this process until a winner has been successfully contacted and the winner has confirmed their eligibility to be awarded their prize. For the avoidance of doubt, only once a winner has confirmed their eligibility to be awarded a prize will the winner, subject to these Conditions of Entry, be deemed a valid winner of the judging.
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner may be required to sign a prize acceptance release or other legal release or releases in a form determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request entrants produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm an entrant’s identity, age, residential or email address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize and any information submitted by the entrant in entering the promotion before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, their entry will be deemed invalid. All prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the promotional page or the information on the promotional page, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- If a prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded to the winner in lieu.
- If the promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), epidemic, pandemic, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes.
- The Promoter, the Promotional Partner, associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this promotion and/or (v) acceptance and/or use of any prize (or recommendation). For the sake of clarity, this clause shall not apply where the Promoter has contributed to or caused such loss, expense, damage, personal injury or death and shall not apply to any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in each case the Promoter’s liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry in the event of any inconsistency. To the extent permitted by law the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If applicable, all material submitted on entry (e.g. photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this promotion, for the purposes of this promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph. The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
- As a condition of entering a promotion, an entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, they will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- If the Promoter collects an entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide to the entrant, at time of entry into the promotion or as soon as practicable thereafter, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and service providers to assist in conducting this promotion. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- In these Conditions of Entry: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.